[squid-users] non cacheable traffic question

From: Bryan Schenker <bschenker@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:14:15 -0500

I'm running squid as a transparent proxy. What I want to know is what does
squid do with traffic that can't be proxied--such as Kazaa.

I use iptables to change users' packets destined for port 80 to my proxy's
port. Then I limit traffic from my proxy's port to my users. Since squid's
traffic to the user originates from port 80 on the server, I hope this would be
a way to limit only p2p traffic on port 80.