Re: [squid-users] Dual Cache

From: Brian <hiryuu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:31:39 -0500

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 12:05 pm, Narozny wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to setup two squid servers, and split traffic accross
> these?

I suspect you could give the clients a hostname for the proxy and have the
name resolve to both servers. With just two boxes, I don't think more
sophisticated load balancing would be cost-effective.

> Is it possible to configure the one cache to be used for "browsing"
> and the second for "downloads"?

Have the download cache as a parent to the main cache. Use
cache_peer_access to force downloadish extensions to it. Obviously this
means the main cache will see all traffic, but at least it doesn't need to
store the big stuff.

        -- Brian