RE: [squid-users] Accept Failures

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 30 Oct 2002 15:11:46 +1100

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 14:51, Lightfoot.Michael wrote:

> > I get these as well under Solaris and as far as I know it's
> > normal. Apparently they're produced when someone hits the
> > stop button while a page is downloading.
> >
> Is this a definitive statement or a statement of belief? :-)
>
> I need to know in case my users take me out and garrot me because they
> can't surf efficiently.

It's an error returned by the system accept() call. We call accept when
select()/poll() tell us to. So if we get an error we display it (with
one exception: EWOULDBLOCK, which tells us there are no more incoming
connections).

So, to understand what that error means, consult your Solaris
documentation. We (the squid developers) would like a canonical answer.

However, the best answer we have now, and we have no reason to doubt it,
is that the user hits stop or closes their browser in a very small gap:
after the connection has been started, but before squid has called
accept().

Rob