RE: [squid-users] Accept Failures

From: Lightfoot.Michael <Lightfoot.Michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:10:06 +1100

> So, to understand what that error means, consult your Solaris
> documentation. We (the squid developers) would like a
> canonical answer.

A joy that I will forgo at this time. ;-)

> However, the best answer we have now, and we have no reason
> to doubt it, is that the user hits stop or closes their
> browser in a very small gap: after the connection has been
> started, but before squid has called accept().

Thanks, Rob. It's more or less what I guessed and what another
correspondent assumed. It is a small annoyance, a pimple on the
epidermis of an otherwise beautiful cache.log (except for the cache
manager stuff which I will shortly tell squid to ignore.)

The main issue with spurious lines in cache.log is that they can
sometimes mask real errors which need attention.

On the issue of error reporting, I seem to have lost my doco on the many
debug_options. It is so long since I have administered squid, much
wisdom has been expired from my memory cache.

Michael Lightfoot
Unix Consultant
ISG Host Systems
Comcare
+61 2 62750680
Apologies for the rubbish that follows...

NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use or
disclose any information in the message or attachments. If received in
error, please notify the sender by return email immediately. Comcare
does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.

Comcare's Canberra and Melbourne offices have moved to new premises.

We hope this notice makes it easier for you to update your records.

New street addresses:

Canberra office
Level 1
14 Moore street
CANBERRA CITY ACT 2601

Melbourne Office
Level 2
121 William Street
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
Claims Fax Number 03 9620 4721

Please call Comcare on 1300 366 979 if you have any queries.