Re: [squid-users] Please Help - Cache not able to resolve hostname in the URL

From: Stéphane Ascoët <cyberespace.saintthonan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:46:56 +0100

Le mercredi, 30 oct 2002, à 17:08 Europe/Paris, Roberto Inzerillo a
écrit :
>> Hello,
>> I've got exactly the same problem.
>
> First check DNS configuration on the proxy server. Check if
> /etc/resolv.conf
> contains bad DNS servers listed in. Then check what dnsserver is using
> Squid. Then check if squid is using a bad configured DNS server (maybe
> a caching
> nameserver on the same machine Squid is running, maybe it doesn't use
> you ISP
> dns at all, and is using just some old "root" dns server for name
> resolving).
Hello,
The DNS name in resolv.conf is the DNS cache of my router. Could it be
the source of the problem ? This DNS works well when not using squid.
What's the best : adding the DNS of my ISP after the DNS of the router
in resolv.conf, or replace it ? In theory, the DNS of the router should
accelerate the things, but if squid also caches the DNS tables, then
it's perhaps better to delete it.

--
Mail sous eMac OS X.2 AW6.2.4 (viruses ? doesn't know :-) )
Sincerely, Stephane  http://stephaneascoet.ifrance.com