[squid-users] NTLM and lockouts

From: Alex Short <alex@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:17:45 -0500 (EST)

We use squid plus ntlm auth/wb_group to give different users different
levels of Internet access. I have our squid servers authing against a NT
Domain controller--Our policy was originally 3 bad passwords, and the
account is locked.

Now--For windows users the login is seemless, the browser sends the
password from the original login so there can't be a mistype there.. but
we kept having people call to unlock their accounts. From 1-2 a month to
4-5 week.

We raised that number to 4, then 5, then even have it after 2 hours where
the account will automatically unlock and still users are getting locked
out more often then before the squid implementation. Does anyone have any
ideas?

Alex