[squid-users] Re: ΄πΈ΄:_Re:_[squid-users]_transparent_proxy andauth

From: Oliver Hooper <oliverhooper@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:08:43 -0800 (PST)

Poor Chinese little girl, it seems that you still have
not got the expected answer.

I am not an expert either. I had the same question
before and was also disappointed when I realized that
it is impossible to make it work. However, depends on
what you exactly want, you may find another
alternative solution instead of just making
authentication work on a transparent proxy server.

Here I will give you some brief thinking and hope it
can help you find your own solutions.

If you are just interested in checking who, when and
what, you can analysis the OS logon/logoff logs in
conjunction with the squid logs.

If you want to restrict some groups' internet access,
you can use ACL to block them visiting some website or
downloading some filetypes.

Think it over and don't give up.

Good luck.

OH