[squid-users] TCP_MISS/304 210 GET http://........../booking.gif

From: Sheahan, John (PCLN-NW) <John.Sheahan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:50:35 -0500

When I access a certain site, I don't see all of the web pages from it when
I go through squid. When I don't go through squid, I get a couple of extra
pages that show up when I am waiting for data that say something like
"searching, please wait".

I have scoured the logs and see no errors or anything that is being
specifically denied for any reason. I did some research and found the names
of the gif files that are supposed to be downloaded to my cache when it
works correctly. When I use squid, they do not get put in my cache. Instead,
I see entries for the gif's in question showing up in the squid log as a
TCP_MISS/304 210 GET http://........../booking.gif

Normally, I would think that if I get a TCP_MISS in cache for a certain gif,
Squid would simply download it, cache it and then pass it along to me but
this is not happening and because of that, I never get to view the whole web
page.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? Thank you.