[squid-users] Squid-ldap "rookie" question.

From: Davide Marzaloni <davide@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:19:58 +0100

Hi

Frst of all let me specify that I'm a novice in squid (and expecially
LDAP).

I'm trying to build a "complex" box running squid, samba and ldap
servers, used for proxying and accessing file-server data through an
LDAP account database.

To build such a box I firstly need a sample or (better) a step by step
guide with a database schema for LDAP to "plug" into the squid
authentication module.
Basically I found http://group-ldap-auth.sourceforge.net/, but cannot
find a suitable database schema to use with LDAP (username, password,
name&surname, phone, fax, e-mail, groups,...)

Thanks in advance.

Davide Marzaloni
PS: OT: is it possibile to use such LDAP server as a Windows Domain
controller with samba?