Re: [squid-users] Forwarding of errors

From: David Beards <d.beards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:26:14 +1100

Hi Matthias,

The configuration of our servers is the same as yours. The problem I
found was that the internal cache was configured to go direct on certain
items. This created what I believe was the same problem you are
describing.

To overcome this what I did was to set the following two options:

always_direct deny all
never_direct allow all

The description of what the options do is in the configuration file,
however I can't recall if they are available in the version you are
running.

BTW, I tried the URL you provided and I found it works fine in our
environment. (SQUID 2.5STABLE1 on Solaris 2.6)

David