Re: [squid-users] Forwarding of errors

From: Matthias Weigel <matthias.weigel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:35:02 +0100

Hello David,

thank you for pointing me to the problems solution. And thank you for doing it twice as i
didn't believe it the first time!
It was the "never_direct" thing.

It seems squid is trying direct requests in addition to parent requests, if the parent
request gives an HTTP error response code.
If i explicitly block direct requests with "never_direct", squid serves the "error page" to
the client, despite the error. And the client uses it, so everything works.
Thats the solution. I didn't believe this the first time because all other ("non error")
requests worked fine - "internal"-squid only asked his parent.

Many Thanks

Matthias Weigel
ISOnova GmbH