Re: [squid-users] Restarting Squid

From: Waitman C. Gobble <waitman@dont-contact.us>
Date: 01 Nov 2002 16:01:55 -0800

hello!

Well, you don't really want to change permissions on things to do this
from the web.

what i suggest is this: set up a cron job that runs as root, that looks
in a database or in a text file for a "signal" then it restarts squid.

your php script can add the "signal" entry to the database, or text
file.

if you need help setting this up, let me know.

IMO this should be relatively secure. you don't really want to give that
kind of access DIRECTLY to php and apache.

OR you could take a look at this, this would likely solve many remote
admin problems for you.

http://www.webmin.com/

best,

Waitman Gobble