[squid-users] squid and freebsd

From: <cio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 08:58:02 GMT

I setup a squid
box for this client of mine.. and used FreeBSD as the OS... whats weird
is this... when there is a power outage.. and the server is improperly
shutdown.. and later when the power is back... and the server becomes
up.. squid is not turned on....
i tried to check everything.. and tested some things on my own.... i
discovered that squid doesnt turn on if squid.pid is present... (after
an improper shutdown)... but when the server is up.. and squid aint
running.. and i turn it on.. it does turn on... even if the squid.pid is
present... its really weird... so what i did temporarily is add a line
in the squid startup script which will delete the squid.pid before squid
is turned on... when i did that.. everything went well... but still...
havent got to the bottom of it.. :)...
hope you could enlighten me with this....

 ---
k a h l i l e r w i n t a l l e d o
chief informatioin officer
binary salad digital solutions, inc.