[squid-users] Bug? Client connection linger in 2.5

From: Michael A. Meiszl <Michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 21:01:47 +0100

I've just updated yesterday to 2.5-stable1 and immediatly noticed some
strange behaviour:

If a client requests a rather large page (or is downloading some file)
all packets are send
with normal speed. Only the last one is delayed for about a minute or
so. With normal WWW pages
you will hardly notice, only the browser seems to wait for something to
happen. With downloads
you can clearly see it, byte come in until 99% and then there is a big
hang until the last %
arrives.
Squid Log shows that all bytes are send (I believe the log entry is done
AFTER everything has
been send to the client), but the socket is not closed.

"netstat" shows the connection as still open, seems that the last bytes
are stuck within a buffer.
After some time, the buffer is flushed, connection is dropped (socket
goes into TIME_WAIT) and
everything is ok.

But this delay is very annoying and it does not happen with 2.4 (I've
just switched back to be
sure).

System is FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE-SMP (2 Processors if this matters)

Any suggestions?

MAM