[squid-users] squid ?

From: Mcen navaraj <mcensamuel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 12:07:50 -0800 (PST)

hello,

i cannot able to ping from the LAN in which we use
squid as proxy.
please tell me how to enable the icmp ?
when i read the documentation they give one flag for
icmp protocol.
Is there any relation between --enable-icmp flag in
the compilation
process and the ping.

another question:

I cannot able to use any mail clients in my network.
please tell me how to enable the smtp and pop3
protocol.
enabling these port(smtp and pop3) will solve the
problem ?

i didnt configure the masquerding in my system ?
it leads to this problem ?
configuration of masquerding is important for squid ?
i didnt use any ipchains policies.

My sytem details:

OS : Redhat linux 7.3
proxy :squid 2
I am use only the default configuration in the squid.i
am
not added any extra configuration in the squid.

please reply soon.

thanks
bye