[squid-users] Re: Effective Squid Machines

From: <cio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 00:45:26 GMT

Vicky Dear,

I suggest you read Joe Cooper's document entitled "High Performance Squid".
Which would explain to you basically how to improve the performance of your
squid caches (Joe is a RedHat user also). Squid as we all know can be quite
fast and stable as long as you would be able to tweak and turn the right
knobs, screws and bolts. And when i was starting out with it, Joe's
document did greatly helped out and I'm hoping it would be of help also to
you.

After that you can jump to the squid FAQ and setup diskd which again would
improve the performance of your caches.

Regards,

 ---
k a h l i l e r w i n t a l l e d o