RE: [squid-users] overwriting log file data

From: Lightfoot.Michael <Lightfoot.Michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:44:13 +1100

> When squid log files are rotated, what happens to the old files?
>
> Are they deleted, in the same sense as rm'ing them?

Not exactly sure what you are asking here, but as a first step see the
logfile_rotate tag in squid.conf for how squid rotates its logs and how
many copies of old logs you may wish to keep.

As for what the filesystem code does with data stored in blocks on disk,
then you would have to be far more specific about what OS you are using
and what filesystem you are using.

OTOH, if you really want to know things like that, the squid mailing
list is not really the place to ask. You need to ask on a mailing list
more appropriate to the OS/filesystem you are using.

Just as an idle question, why are you so concerned with whether old log
data is purged from your disk? Any criminal intent here? >;-)

NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use or
disclose any information in the message or attachments. If received in
error, please notify the sender by return email immediately. Comcare
does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.

Comcare's Canberra and Melbourne offices have moved to new premises.

We hope this notice makes it easier for you to update your records.

New street addresses:

Canberra office
Level 1
14 Moore street
CANBERRA CITY ACT 2601

Melbourne Office
Level 2
121 William Street
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
Claims Fax Number 03 9620 4721

Please call Comcare on 1300 366 979 if you have any queries.