Re: [squid-users] squid proxy for apache web server

From: Cliff Small <rusm71@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:05:41 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for your help Brian. I agree that an
application could be written but I would think that
Squid could be configured to do this for me. It seems
that the Squid server could act like a gateway for the
apache web server. If apache needs a page from the
net it could use the Squid server for this. If the
page isn't cached then squid would retrieve the page
and serve it to apache. I'm not trying to limit what
squid will cache but I do want it to cache the pages
that my php script needs from the web.

Depending on the traffic and use of this site, these
pages could number in the millions so I need a really
robust and proven program like Squid to do this for
me.

Thanks,
Cliff