[squid-users] squid proxy for apache web server

From: Cliff Small <rusm71@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 12:17:06 -0800 (PST)

I have a script that downloads several html pages and
parses them for specific data. When a user on my site
clicks a link, the php script will download several
html pages (15-20 with each page from a different web
site). The total process for each user can take as
long as 20-30 seconds. The actual page parsing takes
less than one second.

I would like to use squid to cache the pages
downloaded by my php script. Simply put, any page on
the internet that my apache web server has to download
through my php script needs to be cached by squid. I
want squid to serve previously download web pages to
my apache web server. I want apache to be the only
client for my squid server. How exactly would I do
this?

Thanks,
Cliff