[squid-users] NTLM authentication and cache manager

From: Chris Tatro <k0rnshell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 19:16:22 -0500

I am using ntlm authentication via winbind and samba to
authenticate my squid users. Everything is working fine
with the authentication and squid users except for when I
try to access the Cache manager for squid I get the
following:

As soon as I starting using the acl listed below in a
http_access line Cache Manager stops working.

My acls that make the cache manager stop working are:

Acl unrestricted_users proxy_auth
"/etc/squid/unrestricted_users.txt"

http_access allow unrestricted_users all mynetwork

Is there some way to disable authenticating for someone
trying login to the squid server's Cache Manager?

Thank you for your help. Please keep in mind this is my
first post to any type of mailing group.

ERROR: Cache Access DeniedERROR

Cache Access Denied

While trying to retrieve the URL:
cache_object://localhost/

The following error was encountered:

   Cache Access Denied.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:

     cache_object://localhost/from this cache until you
have authenticated yourself.

You need to use Netscape version 2.0 or greater, or
Microsoft Internet Explorer

3.0, or an HTTP/1.1 compliant browser for this to work.
Please contact the cache

administrator if you have difficulties authenticating
yourself or change your

default password.

Generated Tue, 05 Nov 2002 22:03:15 GMT by SQUID
(squid/2.5.STABLE1)

          Return to squid index