Re: [squid-users] Newbie - Resolve hostname to private IP

From: Waitman C. Gobble <waitman@dont-contact.us>
Date: 05 Nov 2002 17:28:12 -0800

Hello!

You might try adding the entries to your hosts file on the server...

should be /etc/hosts

I believe that squid will use the system settings with regards to name
resolution, unless told to use specific name servers in the config file.

When you run your clients through the squid cache, name resolution
occurs on the server not on the client.

I would try a single entry in the hosts file first, to make sure that it
works for you. The hosts file should already contain some examples to
get you going.

Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks and Best,

Waitman Gobble