[squid-users] Can Squid do this?

From: Cliff Small <rusm71@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:55:43 -0800 (PST)

I have a web site which uses php to dynamically build
pages for my users. When a user requests a specific
page on my site, my php script will download several
html pages from several different web sites. Data
will be pulled from these pages to build the page
requested by a user.

Can squid be configured to cache those pages that my
script downloads? I'm trying to reduce the latency
created by having to hit the web to download the
needed html pages for each request. I would like for
the html pages downloaded by one user's request on my
site to be cached so that other users won't have to
wait for the same information. Simply put, I would
like to have previously downloaded html pages be
cached by squid and to have squid serve these pages to
my apache web server. Is this possible??

Thanks,
Cliff