[squid-users] in case of a squid miss

From: Hassan Ali <hali@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:34:14 -0800

I am working on the design of a image cache server which would be using squid. The problem I am facing is that in case of a cache miss I want to

1) Deliver a static file ( a clear gif ).
2) Still request the URL from the image-server.

Basically I dont want to wait around for the image server to download and process the image and yet I want the cache to be updated as soon as the image is available.

regards,
-hassan