Re: [squid-users] accessing ftp server with non anonymous account

From: Delia Micu <djmicu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 15:08:46 -0800 (PST)

Well, I'm using java version "1.4.1_01". Acording to
the Url
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4720715.html

using URL.openConnection() to fetch an FTP URL that
includes
user and password does not work through a proxy.

This is only fixed in 1.4.2, so for now, it won't work.

Just in case anyone runs into this.

Thank you for all your replies. I appreciate it!!

Delia

On Fri, 08 Nov 2002, "Delia Micu" wrote:

> Thank you so much for the replies. I still can't get
> Squid to forward the username and password. The
client
href="http://mail.telocity.com/jump/http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/xref/org/apache/maven/util/HttpUtils.html">http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/xref/org/apache/maven/util/HttpUtils.html</a>

> Squid runs on a separate server, and the FTP server
on

href="http://mail.telocity.com/jump/ftp://10.0.12.62/updates.xml&quot">ftp://10.0.12.62/updates.xml"</a>;),

href="http://mail.telocity.com/jump/ftp://djmicu:djmicu@10.0.12.62/updates.xml">ftp://djmicu:djmicu@10.0.12.62/updates.xml</a>, I get the
> file retrieved. Browser has the proxy set for
> ProsyHost 10.0.12.101 on port 3128 for FTP.
>
> Please help me. I don't know what else to do to get
> this working correctly from Java.
>
> Thank you much!
>
> Delia
>

> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>

> > fre 2002-11-08 klockan 10.12 skrev Robert Collins:
> >
> > > Thats the user interface. It's my understanding
the

href="http://mail.telocity.com/jump/ftp://user:password@host&quot;&gt;ftp://user:password@host&lt;/a&gt">http://mail.telocity.com/jump/ftp://user:password@host">ftp://user:password@host</a></a>;) this is used as
> the login
> > information to FTP.
> > This is the documented standard method for
requesting
> > non-anonymous FTP
> > via a URL.
> >
> > 2. If there is only a login (no password) in the
> > requested URL then
> > Squid will request Basic HTTP authentication from
the
> > browser to
> > complete the request.
> >

> > Alternative 2 is not explicitly documented in
> standard,
> > but is
> > technically a valid thing to do as the HTTP proxy is
> > acting as a HTTP
> > gateway server when processing ftp:// requests. As
it