[squid-users] Please help me to close my open proxy.. (TOP URGENT/ PANIC)

From: Winanjaya <winanjaya@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:41:48 +0700

I checked my squid proxy server by usign
http://cache.jp.apan.net/proxy-checker/ and it said:

Diagnosis
OPEN PROXY: The proxy server is accessible from cache.jp.apan.net. The proxy
must be accessible to anyone.
It's not a good idea keeping it open.

Caution!!, The proxy is accessible to anyone. However it does not generate
any variable which indicates the original client IP address. The software of
the proxy must be changed. Otherwise, an access restriction must be
established.

Proxy Variables
HTTP_X_FOWARDED_FOR:
HTTP_FORWARDED:
HTTP_VIA:

my question is how to close it? .. FYI my squid version is
squid-2.4.STABLE6-1.7.2 and it installed on RH AS 2.1

any idea and or suggestion would be greatly appreciated and thanks in
advance

regards
Winan