[squid-users] High load and WCCP best practices ?

From: Frederic Jachiet <frederic.jachiet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:15:35 +0100

Hello,

I would like to implement a squid proxy in an ISP environement.
I'm a bit concerned about performances, and I would like to get your
experience on Squid.

I have about 50Mbit/s of http outbound traffic, load-balanced over
several Cisco 7200s with WCCPv2.
Does WCCPv2 support a load balancing accross several routers ? How will
it choose it's default gateway ?

I'm using CEF. Any idea if my router will be overloaded with WCCP ?

Which version of WCCPv2 is considered as stable ? How many Squid Proxy's
do you think that I have to use ?
What kind of hardware configuration would you recommend ?

Cheers,

Fred

--
XICOM