Re: [squid-users] Problem Redirect Traffic 80 to Squid Proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 23:00:07 +0100

Note: You cannot NAT requests on one box to have them proxied by
another. For transparent proxies to work proper they need to have
access to the NAT table to query what the original destination
address was, and this can only be done if the proxy is running on the
host doing the NAT translation.

Direct routing type of redirection in a firewall works.

In your case my guess is that you haven't configured squid.conf
proper. See the Squid FAQ chapter on "transparent" proxying.