Re: [squid-users] Squid Memory Limitations?

From: Brian <hiryuu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:45:12 -0500

On Thursday 21 November 2002 11:04 am, Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> Well, the os isn't leaving it all unused; thus why I said ~2GB. These
> are only doing cacheing, so outside of whatever ram useage squid is
> using and normal operating system stuff, the rest will be unused, no?
> Andrew

Some (most) of what that 2gb would be put toward caching squid's
cache_dirs, though. Unless you're running with a null cache_dir type and
just holding it all in RAM.

If that is the case, go with a ufs cache_dir and use a tmpfs filesystem
for the cache_dir. That will keep it all in RAM and get around that 3gb
userspace limit you would have eventually hit.

        -- Brian