Re: [squid-users] Squid Memory Limitations?

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 21 Nov 2002 10:49:38 +1100

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 05:26, Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> I can't seem to find if there are any know issues with Squid using more then
> 2GB of RAM. Are there any known issues in squid with the process using over
> 2GB of RAM?

Are you encountering this scenario, or is it a hypothetical question?
Also, are you using a 32 or 64-bit address-space machine?

There are no *design* issues in squid for 2GB+ memory, but the physical
architecture does limit us. We could look at some of the Intel 32-bit
segment+offset concepts if linux supports them(you use linux/intel
right?). I haven't looked into linux support for that at this point
However, that would be quite some effort, and if this is hypothetical,
best left for a rainy day :}.

Rob