Re: [squid-users] NTLM Authentication Prompts every new IE Instance

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:13:46 +0100

This is almost certainly a browser issue.

The browser authenticates to Squid for each HTTP request (or TCP
connection in case of NTLM authentication scheme). It does not matter if
it is a existing or new browser window.

How the browser caches your credentials to avoid having to ask you all
the time is entirely up to the browser.

REgards
Henrik