Re: [squid-users] Banner insertion on Transparent Proxy

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 21 Nov 2002 09:53:25 +1100

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 03:02, martoq@tetramid.com wrote:

> I currently have a client that I would like to run a squid proxy for.
> Basically what we want to do is insert a banner explaining rights and
> obligations when they first start browsing. We plan on running a
> transparent proxy, but what I am unable to find is a way to insert that
> banner when they first send the web request.

Oh, and let me add to my other response in this thread:

If you use a 'transparent' proxy, you *cannot* guarantee that all users
will see the banner, because multiple users may come from one ip
address, and you cannot use authentication (to identify different users)
with 'transparent' proxying (for the current squid code base. There are
designs to do more, but no idle time to implement, nor sponsors to make
it happen now).

Rob