RE: [squid-users] logging of errors by squid-2...?

From: <gustaf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:52:10 +1100
('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) "Lightfoot.Michael" <Lightfoot.Michael@comcare.gov.au> on Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:44:50 +1100 wrote:

> > My question is: how can i extract errors from the squid logs
> > under squid-2? Where does squid now log these errors and
> > what format does it take? I have rummaged through the
> > documentation at squid-cache.org and found mention of the
> > fact that "ERR_" (etc.) is no longer used, but i cannot find
> > any documentation describing how squid-2 now logs these
> > errors.
> >
> For an explanation of what happened to ERR_* over 5 years ago see the
> squid FAQ at http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-6.html. The short
> explanation is that all ERR_* are contained in the HTTP status codes
> which follow the squid result codes. For the complete list of those
> supported by squid see the above at 6.8. For example the (almost)
> meaningless "Internal Server Error" will appear in the logs as
> "TCP_MISS/500", the standard "Not Found" error will usually appear as
> "TCP_MISS/404".

Okay, i understand that, but i still have a quandry. I need to extricate the /same/ errors out of the logs now as ERR_* used to give us. So which HTTP status codes generated squid ERR_* codes in old versions of squid?

Any 'old-timer' squid developers on the list? ;)

Thanx,
da F00

---
gustaf@myinternet.com.au