Re[2]: [squid-users] Re-compiling source code, any danger?

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:44:07 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Boniforti Flavio wrote:

> HN> You just need to add your own signature to each of the error pages. This
> HN> signature must include %s (the Squid name and version) or else Squid
> HN> will automatically add it's own signature.
>
> So I will have to modify ALL my error pages for that purpose? How may
> I add my own signature to the error page, as it doesn't actually
> contain the signature? I mean, in the error page file there is not
> indication of what is gonna be written at the end of it!

My reading of the code is that if the error file does not contain a "%s"
squid will append its own signature (the content of %S - search
errorpage./c for "ERR_SQUID_SIGNATURE"). So, if you add something similar
to that used by ERR_SQUID_SIGNATURE to the erro files
(.../squid/etc/errors/*), you'll get what you want. The current sugnature
is

            <hr noshade size=1>
            Generated %T by %h (%s)
            </BODY></HTML>

To put local time in, add the above to your error message files but with
"%t" instead of "%T".

Colin

--
Colin Campbell