Re: [squid-users] Why squidguard or another redirektor???

From: SVR Anand <anand@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:37:13 +0530 (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I found that instead of blocking based on the urls, it is convenient and
better from performance point of view to put blocking based on the media type.
So, in my place I block .avi, .mpg and so forth which hog the bandwidth than
.jpgs and .gifs of the kind of sites you are refering to. This way you wouldn't
perhaps be hurting genuine sites with static images.

Anand