Re: [squid-users] Squid + The Linux kernel - 2.2 or 2.4

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 22:22:48 +0100

I haven't used a Linux 2.2 kernel for long time, mostly because I need
other things of Linux-2.4 such as a good firewall framework (iptables)
and many other nice things not available in Linux-2.2..

And considering that Linux-2.6 is now not too far around the corner
(Linux-2.5 seems to be closing a feature freeze in preparation for 2.6)
I would expect support for Linux-2.2 to drop very rapidly.