Re: [squid-users] Tilde in URL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 22:28:24 +0100

Squid does no such thing unless the URL also contains whitespace and you
have told Squid to encode whitespace.. (default configuration is to trim
URLs at whitespace, not to change encoding).

Note: ~ and %7E is the same character in HTTP. In fact the URL standard
even strongly urges ~ to be written as %7E as ~ is a special characer in
many systems. RFC Quote: "All unsafe characters must always be encoded
within a URL.". It is entirely possible your browser is encoding the ~
as %7E in an attempt to comply with the HTTP specifications.