Re: [squid-users] Blocking specific URL address

From: Xander D Harkness <xander@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:09:47 +0000

Technology Listserves wrote:

>Good Afternoon -
>
>Could someone please help me to understand how to block specific URL addresses? I was looking on the FAQ list on squid-cache.org, and it says you can obtain blacklists. However, I am not sure how to implement them in Squid.
>
>As an example, how could I configure Squid to block www.mp3.com?
>
>I appreciate your help,
>Tim

I have:
acl filter url_regex "/etc/squid/banned"

in my squid config and in banned i would have mp3.com

each entry should be on a new line.

after changing /etc/squid/banned you have to tell squid with squid -k
reconfigure

You could also use squidGuard which may be faster when using db files;
however this works well for me.

Kind regards
Xander

--