[squid-users] Squid doesn't allow login to MS IIS/4.0 Server

From: Wong, Sherman <shermanw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:46:57 +0800

Hi Henrik,

My squid does not allow login to a web hosted by MS IIS/4.0 Server.

When I by pass the squid, the page prompted me to login and I can
successfully login.
But after I visit the same page using squid, it says

HTTP Error 401
401.2 Unauthorized: Logon Failed due to server configuration

This error indicates that the credentials passed to the server do not match
the credentials required to log on to the server. This is usually caused by
not sending the proper WWW-Authenticate header field.

Please contact the Web server's administrator to verify that you have
permission to access to requested resource.

I have got the always_direct allowing that particular page but still does
not work.

What else can I do about it.

Regards,
Sherman