Re: [squid-users] assertion failed in cache.log

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:25:48 +0100

"n.g" wrote:

> Hello All,
> This morning my squid (2.4 stable 1) process seemed to die abnormally. When
> i checked the cache.log it show me this message
> assertion failed: refresh.c:163: "age >= 0"
> What is the possible cause of this problem as the squid is behaving pretty
> normally before today.
> PS: running linux redhat 7.2

 It means that squid encountered an 'unforeseen condition' during
certain decision making.
Could be related to internal or external (http formatting) bugs, and
related reasons.
If this problem keeps haunting you, I'd suggest upgrading to the
latest stable release.
If it still happens in that release, then file a bug report.

M.