[squid-users] Question about authentication

From: TSIOLAS KOSTAS <ktsiolas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:13:35 +0200

I use nsca_auth to authenticate some users so that they can have access to
some sites(secure sites, economic, ftp) other can't.
I was thinking to change it to authenticate through our DC.
I tested msnt_auth it worked but how it does?
When a special user is prompted to authenticate himself the username and
password is sent to DC for verification and DC sent a ok or error reply to
proxy?
Or is it replicating the domain database (something like BDC) and does
authentication internally?
I believe it is the first could some tell me if i am right.

I use Squid 2.5s1 in Redhat 7.3.

thanks in advanse.