RE: [squid-users] some Sites are not working!!

From: Wong, Sherman <shermanw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:43:09 +0800

Hi Henrik,

I wrote a email regarding this couple of days ago.
I am confused regarding these authentication method.
I supposed authentication e.g. basic, is setup for authenticate users to use
the cache. When the Web server needs authentication, it has nothing to do
with the squid. Since the squid does not cache passwords. So it just forward
the request. In that sense, why would the authentication method e.g. digest
or ntlm
possibly affecting the authentication process to the destination web server
??

Regards,
Sherman

===== Original Message from Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> at