RE: [squid-users] Why squidguard or another redirektor???

From: Lightfoot.Michael <Lightfoot.Michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:46:01 +1100

As others have advised, avoid large numbers of regular expression
searches. They are slooowww.

If your sites are simple IP addresses use dst, if they are whole
websites (domains) use dstdomain. Only use regex acl's if you can't
avoid them. You can mix acls. In the last site I administered we had
five files to control destinations (one contained several hundred
individual allowed sites,) only one (small one) of which contained
regex's.

Remember the exhaustive (125 lines in 2.5S1) acl tag comments in
squid.conf are your friend here.

Michael Lightfoot
Unix Consultant
ISG Host Systems
Comcare
+61 2 62750680

NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use or
disclose any information in the message or attachments. If received in
error, please notify the sender by return email immediately. Comcare
does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.