Re: [squid-users] squidGuard Question

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:31:02 +0100

Greg Alexander wrote:

> Hi,
>
> squidGuard is a redirector for squid, I have got it setup & working nicely
>
> My question is, when redirecting a failed URL or Domain, the users browser
> is redirected to a URL
> Do I have to install a web server ( apache ) to be able to direct people to
> a webpage that informs them
> that the access attempt has been denied and logged?
>
> Is there no way to just push though a local .html page?

  I think not, note that browsers only speak http.
  They need to get a substituted url for on original
  typed in web address.

  If you want a local html file displayed, then it must still
  reach the browser through http....

  M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM