RE: [squid-users] Need Help here

From: Wong, Sherman <shermanw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 21:47:55 +0800

Hi Gerard,

You know, you really have shed some hope on this.
I have the basic auth configured right and working.
But after the user authenticate themself to the squid,
they got an error message if they visit that server.

I don't why, normally I do not need https to go
to that server but it worked. It worked - means if I
use https to get to the same page, it correctly prompted
the me for the password and let me pass. Unfortunately,
a lot of other feature would not work and the page is not
displayed correctly.

I was hoping there is something we can do on the squid configuration
to get this fixed. As I wrote email to them asking them to change
the authentication method, they don't know what I am refering to.
(Me neither.)

Regards,
Sherman