Re: [squid-users] some Sites are not working!!

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 28 Nov 2002 00:12:28 +1100

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 01:03, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Indeed they have, however, the method as outlined in this I-D only
> works if all proxies in the request chain either supports the
> extension or does not support it at all.
>
> If you have a mix of proxies some supporting the connection pinning
> extension and some not supporting it then very bad things will happen
> as the browser then gets fooled into thinking that connection pinning
> is supported by the request path.

That should not happen. If two proxies are in a chain, the one closest
to the client can only sanely add the session authentication header flag
when it sees a server auth request if
a) that request was not through an upstream, and it has discretion on
future requests.
b) the upstream proxy also added the header.

Rob