Re: [squid-users] Exessive TCP_DENIED's

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 02:57:45 +0100

On Thursday 28 November 2002 23.00, Rabie van der Merwe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have upped to S2.5S1 with Samba 2.2.6 using winbind.
> And have noticed that I am receiving quite a few TCP_DENIED's
> in my logs, I as of yet not sure what is the cause of this,
> (either 2.5S1 vs 2.4S7 or using winbind with ntlm auth)

When using the ntlm integrated login authentication scheme then there
will always be two TCP_DENIED/407 messages per new TCP connection
from the browser. This is by design of the NTLM authentication
scheme.

See http://devel.squid-cache.org/ntlm/ and the links from there for
more information on the NTLM authentication scheme if you are
interested in the gory details.