Re: [squid-users] Procedure for changing cache size

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 03:38:36 +0100

On Friday 29 November 2002 01.58, Lightfoot.Michael wrote:

> If you decrease the directory level numbers I don't know exactly
> what happens. I would suggest that stopping squid and deleting
> swap.state and the "surplus" directories might be the best approach
> in that case. Maybe you should try an experiment on a test cache.
> I might see what happens on mine later today if Murphy stays at
> home. :-)

If you change the L1 or L2 parameters then your best bet is to clean
the cache. If you only change the L1 parameter then you MAY be safe
if you know that you had way more than sufficient before and the new
value is also way more than sufficient..

If you change the L2 parameter then you MUST clean the cache as Squid
then won't be able to find any of the cached files anymore..