[squid-users] Squid Config..

From: Narendra Kumar <narendra_ta@dont-contact.us>
Date: 1 Dec 2002 10:40:36 -0000

Hello List,

    We are C class ISP and we are using COBALT CACHE RaQ2 and it
got some problem, so we shutdowned that server.

   i installed SQUID software in linux. and i configured
QUICKSTART file in squid.conf

   how to test that my squid web cache is working or not. earlier
we just giving Cobalt Cache as GATEWAY in network settings.

   shall i give Linux system ip address which is running SQUID as
a gateway to my system and test web cache.

   how to check my web cache is up & running fine.

   and i would like to know what basic settings should i configure
in squid.conf. i just configured port as 8080 and cache_mem &
cache_dir

  and i run /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -z then i run for the
first time then i got error message that permission denied
creating directories and then i gave full permissions to var
directory. after that then i run it got worked.

   how to test the client..?

plz help me.

Naren.