Re: [squid-users] Squid Config..

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 14:00:19 +0100

On Sunday 01 December 2002 11.40, Narendra Kumar wrote:

> how to test that my squid web cache is working or not. earlier
> we just giving Cobalt Cache as GATEWAY in network settings.

To have Squid automatically intercept port 80 traffic then see the
Squid FAQ chapter on transparent caching. This is not the default
mode of operation and requires in configuration in both Linux and
Squid.

Generally it is recommended to configure Squid as a proxy. See your
browser preferences (there is a field for setting which proxy to
use).