[squid-users] McAfee Auto-Update

From: Ferry van Steen <ferry.van.steen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:43:10 +0100

Hey there,

it could be that this question came in earlier (couple of week ago) from
me. Back then I was -not- subscribed and I figured I'd read up about it
in the archives, but as it turns out the archives have been
malfunctioning for weeks and it's about time I got an answer :-)

Anyways, when using squid and mcafee anti-virus you can't use the
auto-update feature. Now in the archives I did find somebody who used a
transparent proxy, but he now routes the mcafee ip's around the proxy,
which isn't a solution for us. This location has around 15 workstations,
1 linuxbox with ISDN connection and firewall/proxy. If at all possible
we really need mcafee to go -through- the proxy. We can always open up
the gateway, but we don't want to unless we have no other choice. My
searches on the web did find some things, but none of them provided a
solution :-(.

TIA and kind regards (I'm subscribed now btw :-)).

Ferry van Steen